Seafood CRC’s Privacy Statement
This document declares the undertakings by Seafood CRC in relation to its handling of Your Data. Under the terms of this policy, Your Data means data that is capable of being associated with you, whether or not it includes an explicit identifier such as your name or customer number. In particular, it encompasses all data that Seafood CRC is capable of correlating with you, using such means as server-logs and cookie-contents.
Your Data does not refer to data that can no longer be associated with you. This includes aggregated data that does not and cannot identify the individuals whose data are included in the aggregation.
If you visit Seafood CRC’s web-site, your web-browser automatically discloses, and Seafood CRC’s web-server automatically logs, the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page, the URL you requested, and whether your request was successful. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that you provide, e.g. in a web-form, may also be logged. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that your web-browser automatically provides may also be logged. This will be the case, for example, if your browser has previously been requested to store data on your computer in ‘cookies’ and submits them each time you request a web-page within a particular domain. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Use refers to the application of your data by any part of Seafood CRC, or any staff-member or contractor of Seafood CRC in the course of their work.
Seafood CRC undertakes to use your data only for:
- the purposes for which it was collected;
- such additional purposes as may be required by law. In these circumstances, Seafood CRC will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to you that the use has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
- such additional purposes as are authorised by law (in particular to protect Seafood CRC’s interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that you have failed to fulfil your undertakings to Seafood CRC or have committed a breach of the criminal law).
Seafood CRC undertakes to use your data only if it has demonstrable relevance to the particular use to which it is being put.
Seafood CRC undertakes to disclose your data only under the following circumstances:
- with your consent, or at your request;
- in the course of business being conducted between you and Seafood CRC, where disclosure is necessary to a contractor.
- in other circumstances that are directly implied by the purpose agreed between you and Seafood CRC at the time of data collection or subsequently.
- where required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or sub poena. In these circumstances, Seafood CRC will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to you that the disclosure has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law;
- where permitted by law (e.g. the reporting of suspected breach of the criminal law to a law enforcement agency; and in an emergency, where Seafood CRC believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure of data will materially assist in the protection of the life or health of some person), provided that Seafood CRC will apply due diligence to ensure that the exercise of the permission is justifiable.
In all cases, Seafood CRC undertakes to disclose only such of data as is necessary in the particular circumstances.
Handling of Enquiries, General Concerns and Complaints
If you have enquiries, general concerns, or complaints about these terms, or about Seafood CRC’s behaviour in relation to these terms, you undertake:
- to communicate them in the first instance:
- to Seafood CRC only;
- in sufficient detail;
- through a channel made available by Seafood CRC for that purpose;